Company: Coherus Biosciences
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 4, 2022
Title: Payroll Specialist
Reports To: Associate Director, Stock & Payroll
Location: Redwood City, California
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for providing support to the
Company's accounting operation, including but not limited to
payroll, expense reports, general ledger, and month end close
activities, as well as various projects. The position requires
attention to detail, analytical skills and excellent customer
service due to the sensitivity and confidentiality of payroll
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepare and process full cycle multi-state payroll via ADP Work
Force Now, for exempt and non-exempt employees, while ensuring
compliance with Federal and State regulations and company
* Partner with Human Resources on all matters involving employee
compensation, benefits and disability payments.
* Ensure all payroll journal entries are reconciled and recorded in
the financial system in a timely manner.
* Prepare monthly compensation accruals, including but not limited
to PTO, bonus and commission.
* Set up new state account for income and unemployment tax
withholding as needed, and ensure compliance with employment, state
and local tax jurisdictions.
* Assist with year-end W2 reconciliation and any quarterly tax
* Assist with the 401K and Workers' Compensation audit.
* Review employee expense reports in Concur for approval and
reimbursement, ensuring compliance with the corporate travel
* Prepare and post employee expenses journal entries and
* Maintain Concur system with employee updates and guidelines to
comply with Sunshine Act and Aggregate Spend Reporting.
* Perform special projects and various tasks as needed. The
candidate's role will evolve with added responsibilities, including
* Manage communications and address issues with internal and
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
* Bachelors' degree in Accounting is required
* Solid understanding of GAAP and working knowledge of SOX
* Strong Experience with ADP Work Force Now and Concur.
* Advanced Excel skills (Pivot, Vlookup.)
* Ability to manage and prioritize various responsibilities within
* Strong analytical skills and great attention to detail
* Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced office while
constantly maintaining a friendly and positive attitude
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as
in a team-based environment
* Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
* Work collaboratively in a team environment
* Interact with auditors and collaborate on any audit requests.
* Be proactive and take initiative to improve existing
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires
to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date.
This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus
BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is
located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If
you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or
serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result
of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an
opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Keywords: Coherus Biosciences, Redwood City , Payroll Specialist, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!