Company: Ascendis Pharma
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 11, 2022
The Scientist will be responsible for running and developing in
vitro assays including flow cytometry (FACS) based functional
assays and immunophenotyping panels for mouse tumor and human
primary cell models. They will work closely with cross-functional
groups to help progress immuno-oncology programs from proof of
concept to early clinical development by producing key data and
providing critical scientific input. The role will also include
processing of mouse tissues from tumor studies with opportunities
for further involvement and/or training in mouse tumor models. The
position will be based in Redwood City, CA.
- Contribute experimental data to support pre-clinical
development of Oncology candidates.
- Design, execute, analyze, and interpret FACS data from in vitro
and ex vivo experiments to elucidate pre-clinical drug candidate
anti-tumor efficacy and mechanisms.
- Plan and perform FACS-based functional assays, cytotoxicity
experiments, cytokine analysis, and multi-parameter flow
- Document experimental results in an ELN and on occasion as a
formal study report.
- Closely collaborate with functional areas to support program
goals and milestones
- Evaluate new ex vivo / in vitro technologies and reagents for
- Present at group meetings, domestic and international
- Opportunity to assist with flow panel design for NHP and
- MS in Molecular Biology or a related field with 2+ years of
industry experience or Ph.D. in Immunology or a related field.
- Strong understanding of innate and adaptive immune systems
- Experience in in vitro and ex vivo immunological assays,
mammalian immune cell isolation and culture, 10+ color FACS
immunophenotyping, and immunodetection assays (e.g. ELISA or CBA or
- Understanding and or/experience in T cell and NK cell
- Strong organizational and communication skills are
- Experience in vivo tumor models or NanoString/GeoMx is a
- Experience with Novocyte/Agilent flow cytometers is a plus.
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Commuter benefits
- Disability insurance
San Francisco and Los Angeles applicants: The Company will consider
for employment qualified applicants with Criminal Histories in a
manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair
Chance in Hiring Ordinance or the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance (as applicable).
Keywords: Ascendis Pharma, Redwood City , Scientist, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!