Senior Scientist, Polymer Synthesis
Company: Genapsys, Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 14, 2022
About the Role: The Senior Scientist, Polymer Synthesis is a
hands-on role supporting our chemistry team in polymer synthesis
and characterization for the genomic sequencing chemistry platform.
In this role, hands-on experience in surface and polymer chemistry
is highly desirable as you'll be working in small molecules,
polymer conjugation to different functional moieties, and
nucleotide synthesis. This position will be working in a highly
interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers in a growing,
vibrant environment. The position reports to the Senior Director of
Chemistry in our Redwood City, CA office. This is a very exciting
time to join our growing Genapsys team as the technology is rapidly
scaling and approaching market adaptation. Responsibilities
(include but are not limited to):
- Lead the design and synthesis, purification, and
characterization of monomers and polymers systems.
- Perform bench-top polymer synthesis (solution, bulk, controlled
- Perform polymer conjugation to various small and
oligonucleotide functional moieties.
- Synthesize and characterize novel reagents for surface
- Perform testing using a multitude of polymer material
characterization test methods, including Structural
characterization, thermogravimetric analysis, rheological testing,
mechanical testing, and dynamic scanning calorimetry, among others,
on different polymer systems.
- Provide chemistry support to projects in other groups.
- Apply synthetic chemistry techniques and safe laboratory
- Record, analyze, and interpret experimental results.
- Document results in technical reports and present data at team
- PhD in polymer science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or
Material Science is required.
- 4 or more years' industry experience
- Direct, hands-on experimental experience in synthesis, and
characterization of polymers.
- Fundamental understanding of analytical methods used for
- Prioritize and meet deadlines and construct project
- Ability to work independently and communicate the findings
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently as well as
participate in cross-functional teams.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and well-organized. Desired Qualities:
- Adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective
- Passion for making a difference in the world
- Able to work effectively in a matrix organization
Keywords: Genapsys, Inc., Redwood City , Senior Scientist, Polymer Synthesis, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!