Associate Scientist/Scientist Product Development
Company: Codexis, Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Are you ready to join our mission to improve the health of
people and the planet? Do you have a passion for science and the
transformational role that enzymes are playing? Come be part of our
team at Codexis, Inc. We are a leading enzyme engineering company
leveraging our proprietary CodeEvolver - technology platform to
discover and develop novel, high performance enzymes and novel
Our Biotherapeutics division combines bioinformatics with directed
evolution to uniquely tailor next generation biotherapeutics with
transformative properties. We engineer proteins with high efficacy
and safety with the goal of delivering the therapeutic to patients
as an oral biologic, or gene therapy.
We are looking to hire an Associate Scientist/Scientist to join our
Product Development Team
If any of the below describes you, we would love to meet
- Passionate about large-molecule drug discovery to improve the
quality of life for patients with rare diseases.
- Experienced or interested in novel technologies for protein
engineering and directed evolution.
- Excited about developing biochemical and biophysical assays and
using extensive laboratory automation to characterize thousands of
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Support a cross disciplinary department that will work closely
with other functions such as Molecular Biology, Biochemistry,
Computational Biology, QC, Manufacturing, and Marketing to develop
and validate novel reagents, consumables, and kits for applications
such as DNA amplification, RNA analysis, NGS library preparation
for the expansion of Codexis' molecular diagnostics product
- Assisting in design and initiation of accelerated and long-term
stability studies to establish high risk reagents/workflow/storage
- Assisting in development, validation, and implementation of new
QC methods for productization of reagents, consumables, and kits
through a variety of analytical and functional tests.
- Independently troubleshoot and resolve reagent formulation, QC,
and incoming material issues.
- Working with team members to design and conduct product
development studies such as guard banding studies, DOE studies,
failure mode investigation.
- Being data driven - critically analyzing and deriving insights
from experimental data using standard and custom bioinformatics
tools and present results internally.
- Assisting in technology transfer phase of the product pipeline
as new products move from R&D into Manufacturing in preparation
for commercial launch.
- Assisting in study design for customers testing of Codexis'
products; interpreting data and incorporating customer feedback
into optimization and development experiments.
- Helping build internal process development infrastructure
across product lines.
- Demonstrating exceptional time management skills and a 'can do'
approach to challenges such as changing needs and/or tight
- Maintaining records/documentation, as well as writing reports
and SOPs as needed
- Maintaining a safe and efficient workplace, following safe lab
practices, participating in lab organization, housekeeping, and
weekly maintenance activities
To be successful in this role, your background and experience
- Ph.D. with 0-2 years of relevant industry experience in
molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, microbiology, or related
fields. M.S. with 4+ years of experience will be considered.
- Broad working knowledge of molecular biology and the ability to
apply that knowledge towards development of novel workflows.
- Previous work experience with successfully launched products is
- The successful applicant should have exceptional attention to
detail and the ability to execute and analyze highly complex
- Sound understanding of molecular biology techniques including
PCR, RT-qPCR, PAGE, flow cytometry, molecular cloning, nucleic acid
isolation and manipulation, and NGS sample preparation
- Familiarity with moving products from concept phase through
commercial launch (commercialization phase-gate process).
- Ability to develop knowledge base and improve skillsets to
successfully support innovative projects
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational, experimental
data recording, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt with changing needs.
- Must be motivated and able to work under tight timelines
- Demonstrated ability to write SOPs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP to analyze
complex data sets, create DOE experiments, and data trending.
- Experience operating liquid handling robots and other
laboratory automation tools. Experience programming these
instruments would be highly beneficial.
- Experience working with microfluidic devices.
- Experience with custom reagent vendors and setting up OEM
- Knowledge of current and evolving trends in the NGS field
What can Codexis offer you? (besides an amazing and collaborative
- Full benefits your first day
- 100% match on 401k (up to 4%)
- Generous flex time off
- Fitness reimbursement
- Free fitness classes
- Back up child/dependent care
- Student loan assistance
- Commuter vouchers
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful
discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry,
age, disability, marital & veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Codexis, Inc., Redwood City , Associate Scientist/Scientist Product Development, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!