Haven Activities Coordinator
Company: Kensington Redwood
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Summary: The Activities Coordinator shall assist the Memory Care
Managers with the development and delivery of an ongoing program of
activities. The program focuses on meeting the interests and the
seven dimensions of well-being of each resident in the Haven and
Connection neighborhood. Duties and Responsibilities: Assists in
the planning, development, and implementation of activities that
are specifically designed to enrich the lives of the Assisted
Living residents. Assists with the development of monthly
calendars.Contributes to residents' care planning by participating
in the assessment, developing service plan goals and approaches,
and maintaining progress notes.Develops and leads one on one and
small, medium, and large group activities. Prepare rooms,
equipment, and supplies prior to each activity and clean up after
each activity. Encourages resident and family participation in
activities. Transports residents to and from activities as
needed.Assists with documentation such as daily attendance records,
maintaining a history of monthly activities calendars, precautions
list, transportation logs, etc.Establishes and maintains effective
working relationships within the Assisted Living department and
with other departments of the community. Cooperate with other
departments in meeting the needs of the residents.Assists with
media correspondence, mailings, newsletters, bulletin boards, and
displays. Coordinates the preparation of monthly bulletin boards
and seasonal decorations.Assists the Assisted Living Manager in
evaluating a) the effectiveness of activities programs, b)
individual needs, and c) participation levels of each
resident.Attends resident/family council meetings and proactively
encourages and supports residents' rights.Knowledge and Skill:
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with
people of all ages, including persons living with dementia, while
maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel,
Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and
- Experience in a similar position in retirement living, nursing
homes, or adult day care is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and
- High school diploma is required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver license Mental and
- Requires ability to stand and walk short and long distances for
extended periods of time.
- Requires sitting, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects,
tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms above, below, and
at shoulder length.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is
regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust
- The team member frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to push a minimum of 200 pounds and be able to push
such weight a minimum distance of 200 feet.
- May be required to assist in the care of resident and community
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during an emergency.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful
Keywords: Kensington Redwood, Redwood City , Haven Activities Coordinator, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!