Molecular Imaging Scientist (PET-CT)
Company: Earli Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 17, 2023
The mission of the Biotechnology startup Earli Inc. is large and
ambitious: to detect and then cure cancer at its earliest stages,
effortlessly and pain free. In other words, 'make cancer a benign
experience'. The technology which grounds the company's efforts
ushers in a new era in "synthetic biomarkers" as a novel
methodology to detect cancer and then subsequently localize and
then treat the cancer. The enabling technology utilizes "synthetic
biomarkers" as a novel methodology to detect, localize and
ultimately destroy cancer. Founded by Sam Gambhir, Cyriac Roeding
and David Suhy, the company is well funded by world-class
entrepreneurs and venture capital firms. Earli, Inc. is currently
based in Redwood City, California.
Who You Are
- You share our same sense of dedication, scientific passion and
- You work well in a fast-paced and extremely focused startup
- You are not only smart, but clever and constantly think outside
- You are able to make logical decisions in an instant when there
is little time to evaluate
- You are a natural communicator and relationship builder
- You stay calm under high pressure and stress
- You have the ability to multi-task in a serious way, with an
extreme attention to detail
- You become a representative of the core DNA of the company
through who you are
Your Primary Responsibilities
Earli's platform technology uses cancer-activated gene expression
to usurp the dysregulated pathways that lead to malignancy for the
expression of synthetic biomarker proteins. In this position, you
will be leveraging this unique platform for the cancer-activated
expression of PET reporter genes and synthetic antigens for the
purpose of developing imaging agents and theragnostic approaches.
Within this context, you will:
- Assist in the development of improved molecular imaging
techniques using expressed PET reporter genes in pre-clinical
cancer models and characterizing the outcomes of the experiments
with a view towards human clinical translation.
- Apply expertise and experimental skills in designing
antibody-based PET imaging studies (immunoPET) for solid tumors in
small and large animals
- Design and execute in vitro and in vivo experiments to build
data package (specificity, sensitivity, PK/PD, toxicity, etc.)
around affinity-based imaging agents, both radioactive as
- Participate in a team leading the development efforts of the
immunoPET agent, including antibody manufacturing, chemistry, and
- Develop innovative ideas for novel PET reporter genes and
- Prepare high quality analytic documentation, such as project
reports and manuscripts to support publications and regulatory
Your Required Experience, Knowledge And Skills
- S. or Ph.D. degree in Biophysics, Medical Physics,
Bioengineering, Biology, Biochemistry, or a related degree.
- At least 2+ years of experience working in a post-graduate
setting in academic or industry labs, with a proven track record of
expertise with medical imaging (PET, CT, SPECT, MRI, etc.) and
image segmentation. Experience with working in industry is a
- Technical background in planning, designing and executing
pre-clinical in vitro and in vivo (required) immunoPET experiments
in order to evaluate target biology and characterize the efficacy
and safety of development candidates in relevant oncology
- Deep knowledge of immunoPET and affinity-based tracer
technologies is highly desired
- A background in synthetic biology and/or the use of PET
reporter genes is highly desiredl.
- Expertise in physical dosimetry and mathematical dose
calculations of a wide variety of tracers, specifically
antibody-based tracers, is highly desired.
- Previous experience with QC and interpretation of data from PET
imaging analyses tools such as PMOD, MIM, APPIAN or VIVOQUANT
platforms would be helpful.
- Be a go-getter, hands-on kind of person.
- Keen eye for detail, both with experiments and
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a
diverse interdisciplinary team.
Why You Should Apply
- Outstanding opportunity to work with some of the top business
and scientific minds in the Bay area;
- Competitive compensation package;
- Rare opportunity to make a significant impact in the growth and
development of a well-funded and scientifically sound start-up.
If interested in applying, please attach a CV or have a
well-developed LinkedIn profile for us to be able to assess your
We look forward to hearing from you!
Keywords: Earli Inc., Redwood City , Molecular Imaging Scientist (PET-CT), Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!