Company: The Terraces at Los Altos - a HumanGood community
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 23, 2023
$5000 Sign-On Bonus, pay range is $50-55/hr depending on
Terraces at Los Altos has been named one of the Best Nursing Homes
of 2021-2022 by U.S. News and World Report! -
We are seeking a Resident Assessment Coordinator (RAC) or MDS
Under limited supervision, develops, completes, and transmits
resident assessments (MDS) in accordance with current Federal and
State standards. Applies comprehensive knowledge of MDS processes,
performs utilization reviews, and has knowledge of Quality
Improvement and Care Planning. Ensures Medicare A and B recipients
have the appropriate length of stay and receive the appropriate
care. Verifies billing aspects of Medicare are thoroughly
documented and reimbursed as appropriate.
- Prepares MDS schedule in coordination with Resident Records and
coordinates completion of the MDS with the Interdisciplinary Team
- Audits completed MDS and reviews validation reports to track
- Consults with Therapy and establishes the most appropriate MDS
ARD, consistent with PPS and OBRA regulations.
- Validates RUG classifications and ICD-10 coding through timely
and accurate triple check meetings.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of CMS and state regulations,
including bulletin updates.
- Facilitates regularly scheduled IDT care plan meetings with
residents and family members; follows up on any issues identified
during the meeting for resident satisfaction.
- Performs quarterly reviews on each resident and updates care
plans as appropriate.
- Provides in-service education for team members in accordance
with OBRA and Title 22 guidelines.
- May cover for DON in his/her absence and follows up on
consultant recommendations as needed.
- Participates in outside educational programs in order to keep
current with evidence-based practices in the field (specifically
relating to issues within LTC).
- Develops and maintains professional contacts to network for
guest speakers and topics for in-services.
- Assists with Charge Nurse duties when needed.
- Actively engages and participates in the community's QAPI
- Responds to emergency situations, carries out physician orders,
and documents the event, interventions, and outcomes.
- Able to work productively and effectively under stressful
working conditions such as tight time frames, heavy workloads, or
- Will build genuine relationships with residents through
discussion and review of their history.
- Provides effective and courteous service to all residents,
family members, guests, and team members; is clear in communication
and handles conflicts appropriately.
- Assists Licensed Nurses and other IDT members as needed.
What's in it for you? -
As the largest nonprofit owner/operator of senior living
communities in California and one of the largest in the country, we
are more than just a place to work. We are here to ensure that all
we serve are provided with every opportunity to become their best
selves as they define it, and this begins with YOU.
HumanGood offers competitive pay and phenomenal benefits. Eligible
positions (30+ hours/week) start with 20 paid days off, plus seven
holidays, a company-matching 401(k) and health plans that give you
cash to use for those unexpected health issues. We provide
healthcare benefits for our part-time and on-call team members! -We
also offer a Tuition Reimbursement to promote your career
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS -
- Completion of Accredited Licensed Nursing Program (RN)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (Preference)
- Minimum one-year experience as an RN.
- Proficient computer skills necessary to complete documentation,
review electronic health records and communicate with team
- Current RN license
- Current CPR certification
- MDS Certification or willingness to complete within 3
Come see what HumanGood has to offer!
The health and safety of our team members and residents is our top
priority and with the increasing spread of variants of COVID-19, it
is critical that we do all we can to protect one another from this
Where required by regulation or company policy, you will be
required to show proof of up-to-date COVID vaccination or proof of
a vaccination appointment prior to your start date (as applicable).
Exemptions based on religious beliefs and qualifying medical
reasons will be considered.
Keywords: The Terraces at Los Altos - a HumanGood community, Redwood City , MDS Coordinator, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!