Senior VP - Engineering
Company: BioIntelliSense , Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 23, 2023
About BioIntelliSenseBioIntelliSense is ushering in a new era of
continuous health monitoring and clinical intelligence for Remote
Patient Monitoring (RPM) and Screening (COVID-19/Infection). Our
medical-grade Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) platform seamlessly captures
multi-parameter vital signs, physiological biometrics and
symptomatic events through an effortless patient experience. The
FDA-cleared BioSticker--- and BioButton--- devices make remote
monitoring and early detection simple. Through the platform's
advanced analytics, clinicians, patients, and employers will now
have access to high-resolution patient trending and reporting to
enable medical grade care at home, and medical grade screening in
the office, school, or residence. For more information on how
BioIntelliSense is redefining remote patient monitoring through
medical-grade and cost-effective data services, please visit our
website at BioIntelliSense.com. About the Role We are seeking a
Senior Vice President of Engineering to provide execution
leadership for the global engineering organization. This senior
executive will spearhead goals along culture, performance, quality,
and process across engineering. The SVP of Engineering should have
a successful track record of scaling global engineering
organization from 50-150 to 300-1,000+ engineers; delivering
medical grade solutions across a broad technology stack that
encompasses medical devices, wireless gateways, cloud
infrastructure, data science, and clinical applications. The SVP of
Engineering supervises a seasoned team of engineering leaders
across the technology stack and is accountable for the entire
product portfolio delivered to customers. The role includes driving
OKRs and monitoring KPIs across the organization. The SVP reports
to the Chief Technology Officer and directly participates in all
innovation, commercial strategy, policy and other matters as they
relate to company performance, department supervision,
organizational structure, budgeting, and financial performance. The
SVP will align across the entire corporate organization including
marketing, sales, operations, product, regulatory, quality,
business development, and corporate development. Key
- Leads and shapes an engineering culture of solidarity,
ownership, goal alignment, critical thinking, and tenacity.
- Hires, Coaches, and grooms a strong engineering organization
tuned for execution velocity, quality, performance, and
- Improves products by making them more integrated, scalable,
usable, flexible, and secure
- Continuously integrates new technology, tools, and
methodologies into engineering workflow.
- Constructs and adapts appropriate processes for usage within
specific projects balancing quality, risk, speed, budget, delivery
dates, personnel development, architectural complexity,
supportability, and scope.
- Establishes world class testing rigor to enable high quality
product and service deliverables, supportability, and customer
- Establishes and maintains a technology roadmap in support of
product roadmap across all product lines that addresses technical
debt, platform scalability, and innovation with a rolling 3-year
architectural vision that is updated regularly
- Supports M&A initiatives including both technical and
product-level evaluation, diligence and integration support and
- Participates in critical decisions as a member of the executive
management team and builds effective relationships with senior
executives, key management personnel and the Board of
- Reviews financial and performance data with management to
achieve budgeted results and affect changes in product development
and technology operations.
- Establishes and implements the strategic direction of the
company's engineering and development initiatives.
- Ensures that departmental decisions such as staffing,
development, organization, capital expenditures, and facilities are
in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements engineering and
development policies, practices, standards, and security measures
to ensure effective and consistent operations Requirements
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible engineering
management experience with day-to-day operations within a
full-stack medical device company including FDA 510(k) class
II/IIIs Devices, Mobile Gateway (apps/SDK), wireless hubs, mobile
and desktop applications, Cloud infrastructure, and Data
- Four-year college or university degree in Computer Science,
Engineering or equivalent; master's degree preferred.
- Must have delivered solutions in the United States and
- Proven, enterprise scale VP with experience managing and
scaling engineering teams between 50-500 engineers
- Experience in the enterprise infrastructure, security, or other
enterprise business to business technology platforms
- Demonstrated experience working with geographically dispersed
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and negotiating skills to
quickly establish rapport and credibility at all levels within an
organization, including the C- and board-level relationships. Job
Type: Full-time - ExemptSalary Expectations: Based on location and
experience)Work Location: RemoteYou're excited about this
opportunity because you will---
- Join a fast-growing company and grow right along with us.
- Work on challenging and interesting tech problems which
reshapes the future of healthcare.
- Get the chance to work on cutting-edge technologies and use
world-class tooling to get the job done.
- Make a large impact across the company through business
deliverables and continuous innovation.
- Opportunity to build solutions and organizations from 0 to
1.Why You'll Love Working at BioIntelliSense
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management
team. It's something everyone at BioIntelliSense embraces and
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is
to build it. Creating solutions that will lead BioIntelliSense and
healthcare industry is what we do - on every project, every
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the
truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is
continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role
for one year or one minute.
- We have great benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision/Life (at little
to no cost to the employee), Disability (STD & LTD), 401(k) auto
contribution program, 10 Paid holidays per year, generous vacation
paid time off**BioIntelliSense is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without
attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, veteran, disability status or any
other status protected under federal, state or local law.
Keywords: BioIntelliSense , Inc., Redwood City , Senior VP - Engineering, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!