Senior Data Scientist
Company: Coherus BioSciences
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Title: Senior Data ScientistReports To: Senior Vice President,
Immuno-OncologyLocation: Redwood City, California Classification:
Exempt Overview: The Senior Data Scientist will work in a highly
embedded and highly collaborative model with colleagues across the
organization. This person will work closely with translational and
biology research scientists in the development of novel
therapeutics and biomarkers in the immuno-oncology area. Candidates
will be expected to work effectively on highly technical
interdisciplinary teams and be driven to pursue creative solutions
to challenging problems. The successful applicant will be expected
to take the lead in providing Data Scientist expertise to cross
functional project teams working on drug discovery and biomarker
development. Position title would be commensurate with years of
- A PhD or PhD plus postdoc in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics,
Computational Biology, Computer Science or similar field, ideally
in the field of cancer/immunology and/or immuno-oncology.
- Expertise working with gene expression data such as microarray
and/or RNAseq in human or mouse datasets.
- Proven coding expertise in languages such as R/R-shiny or
Python for bioinformatics analyses.
- Strong understanding of oncology and/or immunology concepts and
- Demonstrated ability to present complex results, both verbally
and in writing, to bioinformatics and non-bioinformatics audiences
of all levels is critical.
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment and handling
several concurrent fast paced projects. Qualifications
- 5 - 10 years of experience working with large scale genomic
data (e.g. TCRseq/BCRseq, single cell assays, flow cytometry,
ATACseq, CHIPseq) or proteomics/immunohistochemistry data would be
a significant plus. Multi-omics biomarker discovery. Experience in
pathways analysis tools.
- Experience with drug treatment or perturbation datasets such as
siRNA/CRISPR library screens would be preferred.
- Prior experience with neoantigen prediction and ctDNA analysis
algorithms would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with RNAseq and exomeSeq pipelines and prior
experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) or high performance
computing environment would be preferable.
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning algorithms
would be a significant plus. The Base Salary Range for this
position is $135,000 - $170,000. Coherus considers various factors,
including professional background and work experience, when
determining base pay. These considerations mean actual compensation
will vary. Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires
all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their
start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at
Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the
position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully
remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a
disability or serious medical condition, or because it is
prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs,
you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable
Keywords: Coherus BioSciences, Redwood City , Senior Data Scientist, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!