Company: First Transit
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Have you considered being a Dispatch Supervisor? Now is your
First Transit is looking for Dispatch Supervisors in Redwood City,
CA to provide day-to-day supervision to schedulers in the
Transportation Department. Our Dispatch Supervisors works closely
with the MCO General Manager to ensure trips are distributed
efficiently and in a timely manner. Ensures Dispatchers have the
tools they need to perform. Monitors provider performance and
handles real-time complaints. If you have the drive, confidence,
and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
That is why our employees call this the "love-what-you-do" line of
Our Dispatch Supervisors enjoy:
- $24.28/ HR
- Tremendous career with opportunities for advancement
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Fun and friendly work environment
- A great work environment Our Dispatch Supervisors are
- Provide adequate work schedules to ensure all aspects of the
department are covered with skilled staff and relate to the
- Identify and respond to service issues in live day and report
to the Dispatch Manager any concerns that need to be addressed with
the Service Provider.
- Adhere to written policies and procedures and report any
discrepancies and procedures to the Dispatch Manager.
- Provide counseling both verbal and written to employees when
- Consistently review employee performance and identify areas of
strengths and weaknesses and develop an "action plan" with the
Dispatch Manager to reward or prepare a training plan to increase
the skill level of the employee.
- Relay to the Dispatch Manager any service levels that may
hinder reaching productivity/On time goals. This would include
identifying areas where there is too much/to little service during
certain time periods of the day.
- Work with the Dispatch Manager in recruiting potential new
hires and be involved in the interview process.
- Schedule all new hires to work with OJT and identify specific
tasks and timelines.
- Conduct a 60 day skill assessment for all new hires.
- Other Duties as assigned. To qualify as a Dispatch Supervisor,
- A high school diploma or GED (Some college preferred)
- Ability to lead a team.
- Exceptional Customer service Skills.
- Ability to successfully negotiate.
- Excellent multi-tasking ability and possess excellent time
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Prefer one year supervisory experience. First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on
role, location, and business), including physical and mental health
initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where
all people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and
diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which
means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong
presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring
Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security,
injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the
heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First
Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive impact
First Transit carries approximately 350 million passengers a year.
Our employees play an integral role in our mission to provide easy
and convenient mobility and to improve quality of life by
connecting people and communities. APPLY TODAY!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive
to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Transit, Redwood City , Dispatch Supervisor, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!