UTILITIES FIELD SUPERVISOR
Company: Government jobs
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The City of Redwood City Invites Your Applications for:
Utilities Field Supervisor
COLA salary increase approved for additional 3% in October of
WHY JOIN THE REDWOOD CITY TEAM?
We offer a wide range of meaningful career opportunities with
potential for growth, training and development, competitive
salaries, flexible work schedules, paid time off, and robust
benefits. The Redwood City team is guided by the core values of
excellence, integrity, service and creativity. Inherent in these
values is a great organizational culture based on trust, strong and
supportive leadership, respect, risk-taking, empowerment, and
The community is known for its inclusivity, strong engaged
neighborhoods, and civic pride. The City works diligently to
maintain positive and productive relationships with community
partners, together providing outstanding services, programs and
opportunities for residents and businesses. This mix of tradition
and progress, community and diversity, makes Redwood City an
extraordinary place to work and call home. If you're looking to
grow your career as a part of a hard-working and fun Public Works
Services Department team that fosters innovation, creativity and
collaboration, we hope you'll apply.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will be assigned to the Wastewater Division of the
Public Works Services Department, covering sanitary sewer
collection and stormwater conveyance utilities. The City owns and
operates a sanitary sewer collection system consisting of
approximately 280 miles of sewer pipes and 31 sewer lift stations.
Similarly, the City also owns and operates a stormwater conveyance
system consisting of 18 pump stations, lagoons, levees, creeks,
canals, storm catch basins and over 100 miles of storm drain pipes.
Under the direction of the Public Works Superintendent for
Wastewater Management Services, this position is responsible for
identifying, administering, implementing, evaluating and promoting
sewer and stormwater maintenance programs. The incumbent will
supervise assigned crews, perform technically complex duties,
respond to citizens' needs and inquiries, and provide responsible
and technical assistance to staff.
Interested in joining the Redwood City team?
We invite you to apply.
- Please click on the job announcement file below to review the
recruitment Job Announcement .
- A complete application is required, including a resume and
written supplemental questionnaire.
- Please see special instructions for more information on
- Submit your application online via CalOpps by 11:59 pm on
Tuesday, February 21, 2023.
- Applications will be reviewed continuously as they are
The successful candidate will enjoy the following benefits:
- Public Employees Retirement System: (PERS) 2%@60 for current
members, 2%@62 for new members
- Health Insurance: The City pays 90% of premium, up to
- Dental & Vision insurance: 90% premium paid by the City.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation: 10-25 days per year
- Sick leave: of 12 days per year
- Holidays: 15 paid days per year
- Fitness center: access at City facilities
- Education, Technology & Wellness Reimbursement program.
- Commuter program available
- (6-minute walk from Caltrain)
Keywords: Government jobs, Redwood City , UTILITIES FIELD SUPERVISOR, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!