Associate Scientist/Scientist, Chemistry Development
Company: Synthego Corporation
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Synthego is looking for a self motivated and detail oriented
Associate Scientist or Scientist who will join our Chemistry
Development team and drive method development, optimization and
purification of analytical techniques for oligonucleotides. The
candidate will be an independent researcher with prior experience
in analytical techniques such as HPLC and LC-MS. You will also play
an integral role in characterization and also purification of
oligonucleotides from small to large scale. This role will report
to the Senior Analytical Chemist in the Development department.What
- Drive design, development, optimization and validation of
analytical methods for our in-house oligonucleotide products, their
purification, and data analysis.
- Prepare samples, solutions, standards, reagents, buffers, etc.
and support translation to the QC team.
- Own and perform routine sample analysis on HPLC and ESI-MS
- Keep current on scientific literature and interface with
vendors for supplies to drive milestones and innovation.
- Design and develop processes and write protocols for new
synthesis, purification, and analysis instrumentation.
- Collaborate and interface with cross-functional teams such as
QC, Research, Production, Factory Service, and Operations.
- Provide support with instrumentation maintenance and
troubleshooting when required.
- Be a keen learner and take up new analytical chemistry projects
focusing on HPLC.About You:
- BS / MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or
related scientific discipline.
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience with working on Agilent HPLC
instrumentation and software (Chemstation, Masshunter,
- Minimum 1 year experience with analysis by LC-MS.
- Familiar with wet chemistry techniques, solid phase extraction
(SPE), UV spectrophotometer, pH meter, titration, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with
knowledge in statistical analysis and design of experiments.
- Detail oriented with a willingness to follow instructions with
attention to details, multi-tasking, and working independently in a
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and be able
to present your work within the group as well as across teams.Nice
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) work experience.
- General understanding of characterization of oligonucleotides
and impurities by mass spectrometry techniques, especially
- Prior experience with oligonucleotide synthesis, purification
and characterization is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Python coding and scripting.Company Perks
- Generous equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Program
- Subsidized catered lunches and dinners with a fully stocked
kitchen & snacks
- Onsite Gym
- Daily Shuttle bus to & from San Francisco
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Learning and Development resources$88,000 - $140,000 a
yearRange covers Associate Scientist to Scientist leveling. Will be
determined based on experience. About UsSynthego is a genome
engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science
research and development in the pursuit of improved human
health.The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene
editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its
foundations in engineering disciplines, the company's platforms
vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software,
bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic
research, target validation, and clinical trials.By providing both
commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with
unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego
is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of
truly engineered biology.
Keywords: Synthego Corporation, Redwood City , Associate Scientist/Scientist, Chemistry Development, Other , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...