Laboratory Technician (Reagent Development)
Company: GenapSys, Inc.
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: March 26, 2020
At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and
diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our sequencing
instrument platform leverages a proprietary electrical microfluidic
sequencing chip with a scalable number of detectors, enabling a
wide range of applications including targeted sequencing in
oncology, pharmacogenomics and genome-wide sequencing in
microbiology and others. We believe in a world where every
researcher has a compact, scalable, and affordable sequencer in
their own lab, empowering the democratization of genetic
sequencing. Our novel sequencing method is revolutionizing genomics
discovery, biomedical research, healthcare, diagnostics,
agriculture, and a variety of other fields.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and
multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills - from electrical
and mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists, microfluidic
engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians
and more. It is a super exciting time to join GenapSys as we
recently launched our first product which is generating a
tremendous amount of interest.
About the Role:
We're looking for talented and passionate team players to join our
fast-paced startup company in the role of Technician. The ideal
candidate will be dedicated, hard-working and have a passion for
developing a reliable, high-quality DNA sequencing product in an
effort to build something different that can impact medical
research and patient care.
- Generate reagents to support the research staff and
commercialization of the product.
- Define technical requirements for reagents and generate data to
support the specifications that are established and used for
- Maintains, Repairs and Troubleshoots product issues in a
research and development environment.
- Transfer analytical methods and manufacturing processes to
- Identifies quality issues and work with contract manufacturers
to resolve root cause and countermeasures.
- Create or update work instructions and maintenance
- Monitors reagent performance and reacts in a timely manner to
routine and urgent maintenance requirements.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
while handling multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision, with
self-directed work skills.
- Establishes and maintains good housekeeping standards in all
work areas and maintain meticulous records.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in biology, molecular biology,
chemistry or a similar field and 5+ years related experience in the
biological sciences or molecular biology.
- Extensive experience in a molecular biology, biochemistry and
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral
communication of technical material.
- Experience in data collection and analysis.
- Experience working in a GMP, operations or manufacturing
environment is preferred.
- Adequate experience in Windows, Microsoft Office.
- Result oriented - has a track record for delivery results,
takes ownership and being accountable.
- Customer Service oriented - high sense of urgency.
What we offer (US based-employees)*:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options.
- Comprehensive, industry-leading medical, dental and vision
benefits for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care,
public transportation and parking expenses.
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability,
life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance
- Work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced
and entrepreneurial environment, the opportunity to work on
problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment.
*Eligible international employees' benefits are specific to their
location and dependent on their employer of record
GenapSys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not
forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any
GenapSys employee. GenapSys will not pay fees to any third party
agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees
absent a formal agreement.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is
an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people
of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work.
Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Keywords: GenapSys, Inc., Redwood City , Laboratory Technician (Reagent Development), Professions , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!