Senior R&D Test Technician - Instrument Test and Automation
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Auris Health, Inc. a part of Ethicon, Inc and the Johnson & Johnson
Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior R&D Test
Technician, Instrument Test and Automation.
Auris Health is a technology company defining the future of medical
intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics,
instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a
platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of
robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
Auris is looking for a Senior R&D Test Technician who will work
with other members of the Instrument Engineering team to conceive,
develop, prototype, test, and debug medical devices in accordance
with established policies, goals, and objectives. The technician
must have experience in an R&D setting and have a proven
ability to follow both verbal and written instructions. Attention
to detail and ability to communicate and provide feedback are
essential traits that will help Auris evaluate test data and
improve device designs. This position reports to the Instrument
Test and Automation R&D Department Manager.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Design, fabricate, and assemble test fixtures
- Assemble device prototypes and sub-assemblies for
- Utilize small hand tools and/or prevision devices and
microscopes to aid in the testing and inspection processes
- Perform testing, experimentation, and analysis
- Support verification activities
- Communicate status of R&D activities, key learnings, and
make recommendations to engineering team members
- Support root cause analysis
- Train on test procedures and train others
- Maintain workstations, R&D test equipment, and areas used
by the R&D lab
- Maintain documentation and traceability on test records,
including a legible, signed laboratory notebook
- Perform preventive maintenance on R&D test
- Must be capable of working independently and in a team while
being flexible, self-motivated, curious, and willing to
revolutionize the world of medical robotics.
- 10+ years of experience in R&D or operations in the medical
device (or related) field
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience working in an agile, multidisciplinary team
- Working knowledge of component manufacturing processes
(machining, 3D printing)
- Must have a demonstrated ability to effectively and clearly
communicate concepts, ideas, and knowledge to other individuals and
- Comfortable collaborating and seeking optimum solutions with
other engineering and manufacturing team members
- Experience working with ISO 13485 and 14971, GMP guidelines,
FDA regulations, and medical device design control.
- An approachable individual who provides a high level of
teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to work on multiple
projects/tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize projects
This position operates in a professional office environment as well
as an engineering lab. Aside from basic office equipment, the
engineering lab contains specialized test equipment and materials
as well as personal protective equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear in moderately loud environments and
operate machinery and test equipment as well as occasionally lift
heavy equipment up to 50 lbs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are flexible
Monday through Friday, generally 6-6:30 a.m. to 2:30-3:00 p.m.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, Redwood City , Senior R&D Test Technician - Instrument Test and Automation, Professions , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!