Quality Business Analyst
Company: Exact Sciences
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Summary of Major Responsibilities The IT Quality/Business
Analyst is a member of the Information Technology (IT) team. This
role fulfills both the business analyst and quality analyst roles
for applications and systems development. The IT Quality/Business
Analyst will shape the technology demands and drive quality among
the Exact Sciences business community. The IT Quality/Business
Analyst acts as an intermediary between IT project teams and
business partners; including, but not limited to, define, analyze,
and translate business requirements into documentation and
conceptual design with the use of the appropriate tools and models
from which applications and solutions are developed. This role
functions as the stakeholder and user advocate to understand their
requirements and represent their interests to work with the
implementation team. This role will execute the test strategy to
provide objective evidence that system and application requirements
are met. This role will be hands-on and require strategic reason
and plans to ensure all requirements are met for overall quality of
the intended solutions both functionally and technically. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain continuous relationships with the business partners to
drive satisfaction with IT.
- Work to elicit high-level requirements and capture business
needs through dialogue with business partners.
- Maintain the project requirements in accordance with the
requirements management plan.
- Support the applications and solutions delivery by
participation in design reviews and walk-throughs.
- Plan and support the user acceptance testing and user
- Create documentation to describe program evaluation, tests,
correction, and objective evidence to meet the requirements.
- Ensure all prerequisite tasks are complete and ready for
- Provide level 3 systems and applications support.
- Participate in the system and data triage, as appropriate.
- Monitor the program performance after implementation to prevent
reoccurrence of program operation problems and to ensure efficiency
- Provide process improvement recommendations as the company
continues to quickly evolve.
- Ability to clearly articulate and document the business
- Ability to translate the business requirements into functional
requirements to utilize a structured process; including, but not
limited to, gather, analyze, document, and manage change.
- Ability to communicate requirements and validate proposed
- Ability to review product design documentation to ensure that
requirements are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Ability to assist in the generation of user cases and stories
to ensure that all functional requirements are captured.
- Ability to assess the risks of various solutions.
- Ability to recommend solutions based on cost vs benefit
- Ability to develop and execute test plans.
- Ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix
- Ability to build consensus across functions.
- Ability to be adaptable, open to change and work in ambiguous
situations and respond to new information or unexpected
- Ability to proactively resolve customer satisfaction
- Ability to work with outside vendors to deliver solutions.
- Ability to conduct compatibility tests with vendor and
- Apply strong organizational skills.
- Apply strong analytical skills, prioritization skills, business
intuition, and organizational ability.
- Apply excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 5% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a
computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a
typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between local Exact Sciences'
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location,
may include overnight/weekend travel. Qualifications Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Computer Sciences,
Management of Information Systems, Science, Healthcare Related
Science, or related field as outlined in the essential duties; or
High School Degree/General Education Degree and 4 years of relevant
experience in business management or relevant experience as
outlined in the essential duties in lieu of Bachelor's Degree.
- 2+ years of professional work interface experience with
customers directly with the ability to problem solve.
- 1+ year of experience in a hands-on, technical role to support
laboratory order management systems; including, but not limited to,
systems development, systems implementation, quality assurance, or
- Demonstrated capacity for decision making in complex scenarios
and to hold one-self and others accountable to those
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experience working as a business analyst, quality analyst, or
product owner on technology development projects.
- Experience working under the system development life cycle
(SDLC) or other software-specific project management process.
- Experience with user centered design.
- Experience working with laboratory order cycle management,
revenue cycle management, or healthcare engagement and
- Experience fielding support tickets for customers.
- Fast and enthusiastic learner. We are an equal employment
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed,
disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other
status protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are
available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon
Keywords: Exact Sciences, Redwood City , Quality Business Analyst, Professions , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!