Sr. Mechanical Technician
Company: Apex Systems
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: May 6, 2021
For immediate consideration please send resumes to Lauren
Pritts, . Senior R&D Technician, Instruments Location: Santa
Clara The Senior Mechanical Technician will work with other members
of the Advanced Development Instrument team to conceive, develop,
prototype, test and debug novel robotic systems in accordance with
established policies, goals, and objectives. The Technician must
have experience in a manufacturing or R&D setting and has a
proven ability to follow both verbal and written instructions. Core
- Assemble various robotic instrument prototypes and
subassemblies, including with minimal direction.
- Repair and troubleshoot broken instruments.
- Maintain records of instrument through excel or other tracking
- Determine assembly methods and procedures and assist in
development of fixtures.
- Communicate status of R&D activities and make any
recommendations for solutions to project team members and other
- Perform testing and experimentation
- Maintain work stations, Research & Development equipment and
all areas utilized by lab, along with other relevant
- Manage inventory of R&D build components and assist in
re-ordering of R&D build components.
- Share knowledge and training with other
- Maintain a curiosity and a willingness to learn. Other
- Understand the job specific quality system procedures and
processes as defined in the Training Matrix and adhere to the
requirements listed in those documents.
- Maintain corporate confidentiality at all times. Requirements:
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate
- High school diploma or GED, AA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a Mechanical Technician.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate concepts effectively and
clearly to other individuals and teams.
- Experience with small hand tools and/or precision devices such
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO
13485 and 21 CFR 820
- Familiarity with manual machine tools (mill and lathe) a
- Instron experience a plus.
- CAD experience a plus. EEO EmployerApex Systems is an equal
opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical
conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered
domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a
crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation,
union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in
a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you
have visited our website in search of information on employment
opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation in using our website for a search or application,
please contact our Employee Services Department at
Keywords: Apex Systems, Redwood City , Sr. Mechanical Technician, Professions , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!