IT Systems Analyst 2
Company: Stanford University
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Stanford University will be officially closed for regular
business from Monday, December 20, 2021 through Friday, December
31, 2021. Normal operations resume on Monday, January 3, -2022. You
may continue to apply for opportunities during our winter closure.
Since many of the University's schools and administrative units are
closed, your application may not be reviewed until normal
operations resume on January 3, 2022, or shortly -thereafter. Thank
you for your interest! Job Summary
- Schedule Full-time
- Job Code 4802
- Employee Status Fixed-Term
- Grade I
- Requisition ID 92664 Reporting to the Director of Technology
Solutions Alignment in the Financial, Asset, and Service Management
(FASM) systems group in University IT-Enterprise Technology, this
position requires strong analytical skills and solid understanding
of systems integrations. FASM is responsible for Stanford
University's financials, asset, and service management systems.
Included in FASM technology portfolio are Oracle Business Suite,
ServiceNow, Incorta, as well as custom applications built in Oracle
APEX, Slate, Axiom, Cumulus, and WebModule platforms. The incumbent
for this position will collaborate with business partners, Systems
Analysts, Developers, UI Designers, QA, Deployment and Operations
Team, and software vendor to successfully deploy systems in support
of business needs. The incumbent will primarily focus on the newly
implemented Faculty Search and Applicant Tracking (FSAT) system.
FSAT is built in the PageUp platform, a cloud-based talent
management solution. FSAT is a University-wide system for Faculty
hiring that enables departments and local units to execute best
practices effectively and efficiently during Faculty recruitment.
FSAT facilitates the analysis and evaluation of recruitment
programs and processes. A successful candidate will have a track
record of capturing and modeling business requirements and
evaluating technology solutions for proper alignment. A successful
candidate will have demonstrated ability to analyze business
requirements, create business-to-system process mapping, and
develop diagrams and matrices outlining business and systems
processes. A successful candidate will have demonstrated a track
record for designing enterprise information systems that are
secure, reliable, and scalable. This position is part of a team of
analysts that translates business needs to systems design. The team
focuses on aligning technology solutions with business processes.
The team collaborates with Business Analysts, Developers, UI
Designers, QA, and the Deployment and Operations Team to
successfully deliver system solutions. The team serves as liaison
between business partners, software vendor teams, and UIT technical
team for system-related matters. CORE DUTIES*:
- Collaborate with business partners to gather requirements and
identify gaps between requirements and the application. Assist
business partners with determining deliverables, creating system
test plans, identifying test scenarios, managing user acceptance
testing and conducting production roll out resolution.
- Collaborate with schools and departments across the University
to understand their requirements; identify system solutions that
meet their needs; key business partners include:
- Schools across the University (Business, Education, Earth &
Sciences, Engineering, Humanities & Sciences, Medicine)
- Faculty Affairs
- Office of Faculty Development, Diversity, and Engagement
- Prioritize requirements, create prototype, present mock-ups,
assist business partners in determining roles and permissions,
assist in creating test scripts to guide both technical team and
- Assist with initial determination of the feasibility of
requests and ensure user requirements are thoroughly and accurately
documented in accordance with standard techniques.
- Work with Functional Analysts from business partners and UIT
counterparts to gather business requirements, create
business-to-system process mapping, and develop change matrices
outlining changes in business and system processes
- Identify areas in business processes that can be modified to
minimize custom/customized development of vendor solution
- Develop workflows and change matrices that outline the mapping
of user requirements to proposed technology solutions
- Collaborate with developers on application specifications and
system enhancements to ensure appropriateness of design and
delivering resolution of issues; work with business partners to
test and deploy resolution in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the technical team, stakeholders, vendor, and
project manager to ensure solutions meet business needs and
- Perform quality assurance to ensure requirement are met prior
to releasing system for user acceptance testing
- Team up with business partners and developers to set realistic
- Manage project and monitor status of deliverables; coordinate
workload and timeline; escalate and/or adjust expectations, scope,
and timeline accordingly
- Interact with team members, the user community and others on an
ongoing basis to ensure accurate identification and delivery of
- Utilize tools such as ServiceNow, Visio/Lucid Chart, Jira,
Confluence, Google Drive, O365, Zoom, Slack, and in-person meetings
for effective communication and collaboration with business owners
and technical team
- Conduct meetings, scheduled and as needed, to share ideas and
- Assist in user acceptance testing
- Serve as a liaison between business partners, stakeholders,
technical team, and vendor
- Act as single point of contact between IT and the customer.
- Serve as primary FSAT point of contact for business partners
and vendor on production issues and system enhancements
- Develop functional specifications to ensure compliance with
system development lifecycle methods.
- Conduct in-depth analysis to solve problems, make
recommendations, and/or discover new approaches to system design
- Develop functional specifications that demonstrate alignment
between business requirements and technical solution approach
- Make formal recommendations, and write application
specifications, including conversion, upgrade and interface
- Determine appropriate resolution and ensure clients' needs are
- Identify patterns in system issues; work with business partners
and vendor to determine if recurring issues can be resolved with
change in business process and/or technical solution
- Analyze and assist in support of new system rollouts and
upgrades by testing and support.
- Assist in creating administrative user guide -* - Other duties
may also be assigned MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience or
combination of education and relevant experience. Knowledge, Skills
- Demonstrated experience with both process and data
- Demonstrated experience with fit/gap analysis.
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes,
and work flow.
- Experience with enterprise applications and understanding of
database driven applications.
- Strong understanding of the software development life
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,
including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources
by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems
expertise and business needs.
- Ability to establish effective, ongoing relationships with
clients, staff and management.
- Ability to establish effective relations with external
partners, including vendors.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimum
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work under
pressure in high stress situations. Certifications and Licenses:
None DESIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- Familiarity with University business processes.
- Familiarity with Business Relationship Management discipline in
the IT framework.
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma discipline. PHYSICAL
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh
up to 10 pounds. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May work extended hours, evening and weekends. WORK STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
learned. Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu . -
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by
positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
assigned. Consistent with its obligations under the law, the
University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee
with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the
essential functions of his or her job. Stanford is an equal
employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are not
able to provide sponsorship or relocation for this position.
Thank you for your interest! Business Affairs: University IT (UIT),
Redwood City, California, United States Business Affairs:
University IT (UIT), Redwood City, California, United States
Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), Redwood City, California,
United States We're always looking for people who can bring new
perspectives and life experiences to our team. Found the perfect
role and ready to apply? Learn more on what to expect next.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will
provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability
who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of
his or her job. Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Stanford University, Redwood City , IT Systems Analyst 2, Professions , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!