Senior Electrical Engineer - HVDC
Company: Airity Technologies
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Who we are:
Airity Technologies is a startup spun out of Stanford University
with the goal of disrupting the high voltage power supply market
and enabling novel products across several industries, including
semiconductor, aerospace, telecommunications, and medicine. Our
proprietary and patented technology, developed through research in
the area of high-frequency power electronics, spans high voltage dc
and radiofrequency (RF) products. We have grown organically through
strategic partnerships while further developing our product and IP
Airity employs a team of talented engineers and scientists who have
the background and knowledge to develop new technologies and bring
them to the market. Our products and services cover a range of
industries, including semiconductor manufacturing tools, satellite
propulsion, and aerospace applications, medical devices, lighting,
environmental applications, and academic research.
Airity is seeking a senior electrical engineer to lead the design,
testing, and certification of novel high-voltage DC power
electronics systems that push the limits of power density and
efficiency. Responsibilities include:
- Design and build high-voltage DC power supplies.
- Start to finish ownership of hardware - from specification to
design, prototype, reliability validation and high-volume
- Collaborate with mechanical, PCB layout, and firmware
engineering teams to successfully to design, validate and
manufacture power supplies.
- Architecture and modeling of new power supply topologies that
achieve better performance.
- Manage and grow a high performing diverse team of Design
- Support the hiring and selection process of Design
- Report on status of development, quality and performance to
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, or the equivalent in
experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- 5+ years of relevant hands-on hardware experience in power
supply (AC/DC, DC/DC & DC/AC) design
- 2+ years of proven project management experience
- Strong understanding of power electronics topologies (AC/DC,
DC/DC & DC/AC).
- Experience with high voltage power semiconductor selection
(Si/SiC/GaN MOSFET's, Diodes), gate drive and protection circuit
- Good understanding of switching waveforms, Semi-conductor
losses and experience with loss modeling.
- Understanding of the theory and application of magnetics
(inductors, transformers) and capacitors (Electrolytic, film and
Ceramic) used for power conversion.
- Experience with design analog/digital circuits and
- Familiar with schematic capture and power converter circuit
- Experience in supervision of PCB layout for minimal stray
inductance and capacitance, placement strategies for better
manufacturability, power/signal plane definition and EMC
- Proficiency with basic EE tools (Oscilloscopes, Network
analyzers, Signal Generators, Altium PCB Software, etc.).
- Proficiency soldering.
- Proficiency with Python coding and data analysis.
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and able to
troubleshoot and debug complex circuits with ease.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers.
Nice to Have
- MSEE or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering.
- Awareness of UL and CE electrical safety requirements and EMC
requirements relevant to the design of power supplies.
- Knowledge in environmental, reliability, and safety
requirements for Medical, Industrial, and Aerospace
- Knowledge of basic control theory and experience with embedded
- Experience in radiofrequency (RF) circuits engineering.
- Previous ownership and responsibility for an HVDC product
- Experience selecting and working with contract manufacturers
locally and abroad.
- Startup experience.
- Experience owning and managing a Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Experience in high-voltage circuits, RF engineering, feedback
and control, and embedded systems.
- Experience with 13.56 MHz RF generators for plasma
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- 401k program
- Vacation time
Working with us:
We are building things that were once considered impossible, so it
is challenging and exciting work. You will work in collaboration
with a dedicated team and impressive clients. We operate under
aggressive timelines, but you will have ownership of your work and
your schedule. Our founding team has worked together for a long
time, and we are continuously adding talented and motivated team
members. We have an office in Redwood City, CA. We seek a person
who shares our values and is a good fit within our group. Your
opinions regarding the direction of the company, the projects we
work on, and future hires will be highly valued. You will be
working with PhD-level engineers who have multiple patents to their
name. However, rather than focusing on credentials or specific
industry experience, we are interested in outstanding talent with
the ability to be creative and get things done. You will be paid a
highly competitive salary and be well rewarded upon the success of
Keywords: Airity Technologies, Redwood City , Senior Electrical Engineer - HVDC, Professions , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!