IT Systems Analyst
Company: Stanford University
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Stanford's University Information Technology (UIT) organization
services diverse clientele from various university business units
and schools. We are a hub of business analysts, developers, testers
and architects who design and build applications to support core
functions of the University.We are looking for a passionate IT
Systems Analyst to join our Middleware and Integration Services
(MaIS) group in Enterprise Technology (ET) within University IT.
MaIS is responsible for services and technologies that are used by
the campus community and by University business systems to manage
enterprise data about people, organizations, courses, workgroups,
and authority. The group manages a set of central Registries and
additionally supports a suite of Java developed applications and
background processes which facilitate enterprise integration.This
position is for a team focused on development and maintenance of
these systems. The incumbent works closely with the other Software
developers, Business analysts, QA and the deployment and operations
teams. A successful candidate will have demonstrated a track record
of specifying requirements and/or design solutions for business
information systems and incorporate new technical systems to
improve work-flow, production, efficiency and effectiveness. May
serve as project lead.Core Duties:
- Translate business processes into system requirements and/or
development of systems solutions.
- Analyze new business requirements, assist with feasibility of
enhancement requests, system functionality, current system use and
- Specify functional analysis and design and work with developers
and analysts to recommend solutions and resolve system issues.
- Review, research and evaluate software to determine its
usefulness and appropriateness as related to existing or proposed
business systems; assist or develop preliminary and detailed system
- Perform testing of new systems, upgrades and patching of
existing systems; plan, conduct and document results of
- Develop instructional materials, training and job aids.
- Advise users requiring assistance in solving complex problems
or issues regarding management and business systems.
- Analyze data and provide data sets to users for analysis. May
include development of operational and analytical reports for end
- Liaise with external vendors or partners in support of business
systems, which may include system development, implementation
- Coordinate the implementation of new or modified business
systems.Education & Experience:Bachelor's degree in Computer
Science or Engineering, and five years relevant experience or a
combination of education and relevant experience.Knowledge, Skills
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes,
- Experience with enterprise applications and understanding of
database driven applications.
- Passion for working with end users to understand their needs
and improve their end-user experience
- Strong understanding of the software development life
- Oracle PL/SQL development and SQL programming experience
- Experience working with Oracle Application Express (APEX)
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in conducting
management studies and in systems analysis.
- Current knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology.
- Skill in conducting interviews and facilitating group
- Skill in developing and conducting training programs.
- Strong User Interface design skills and experience crafting
effective system solutions
- Ability to design and document complex business systems.
- Able to work on multiple initiatives at a time with an ability
to manage and prioritize work
- A solid grasp of technical problems, capabilities, and
solutions especially around database applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,
including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources
by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems
expertise and business needs.
- Strong listening, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to
approach problems logically and systematically.PHYSICAL
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh
up to 10 pounds.The job duties listed are typical examples of work
performed by positions in this job classification and are not
designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
assigned.Consistent with its obligations under the law, the
University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee
with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the
essential functions of his or her job.Stanford is an equal
employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.WORKING
- May work extended hours, evening and weekends.WORK STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.Relocation or
sponsorship will not be provided for this position.Business
Affairs: University IT (UIT), Redwood City, California, United
StatesBusiness Affairs: University IT (UIT), Redwood City,
California, United StatesBusiness Affairs: University IT (UIT),
Redwood City, California, United StatesWe're always looking for
people who can bring new perspectives and life experiences to our
team. Found the perfect role and ready to apply? Learn more on what
to expect next.
Keywords: Stanford University, Redwood City , IT Systems Analyst, Professions , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!